Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Love is a Verb

“Individual can affect the world by becoming a model in their small circle of influences. Just as a rock thrown into a pond causes ripple to gradually keep going out until eventually they are very small.”

Love is a verb, its lo longer as a noun. Its something that I do, a sacrifice I make. A woman came to me about her unhappiness relationship. “What do you suggest I do because the feeling isn’t in our relationship anymore?” I said, ”Well, just love him then.” And she said, “but the feeling isn’t there anymore. Not in his part anymore, mw? I have no idea.” And I Said, “Well, just love him.”



Because love is a verb. Love is something you do. Love – the feeling – is the result, the fruit of love. Like a mother who goes to the valley of the shadow of death to bring a child into the world. The love she has is not from the child. Its from her.
If love is a verb, if forgiveness is a verb, if kindness is a verb, then you can do something about it. But if love is just a feeling, I will feel almost helpless because I think I have no control over my feelings. Instead, your feelings are a function of your action.
And I found this. The key to love means a source of unconditional love that you can draw upon endlessly. And the unconditional love we can learn from our God. When I love God first, I love him more. When I love God first, I love my parents more and so on. When I love God first, I have the power to love people rich and unconditional fatherly love.
To tap into this source of boundless love takes spiritual effort. It is like being nourished by a spring.
And this is another key, I must have one on one relationship with a people you love. Avoiding my self from them will make them far away from my love. Its important to have private visits with every key person in my life on a regular basis. How do they know they are being loved if we never visit them? Or if we never say it?