Sunday, July 3, 2011

Count Your Blessing!

When upon life's billows; You are tempest tossed
When you are discouraged, Thinking all is lost
Count your many blessings, Name them one by one
And it will suprise you What the Lord has done.

Are you ever burdened With a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy You are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, Every doubt will fly
And you will be singing As the days go by.

Do you know the song?
After times, I heard again. And you know what, I had never count the blessing in my life after years. Honestly, I have no idea the things made me count the blessing He's given. How about you?

When you feel lonely and nobody cares, how can you count the blessing?
When you think you are no body but you can still breath, how can you count the blessing?
When you don't get a love from some one you are expecting to but there is some one who always pray for you, how can you count the blessing?
For sure, I asked my self. Can I count every blessing in my life with my eyes? With what I want, not what I need to?

Often, we think blessing is a thing. When you are beautiful/handsome, that's blessing. If you are rich / popular, that's blessing. If you are well known, that's blessing. If you get promoted, that's blessing. Those and these and so on. And many of us try so hard to get that. Isn't it?

Then, I try to make it simple now. When I can still breath and see the traffic jam around Jakarta, that's blessing. If I still can be mad because of unexpected situation, that's blessing. If I can still laugh and meet my friend, that's blessing. So on. 

So my life become simple than before and I get happier to face my life.

“Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence.”


2 July 2011