Thursday, August 4, 2011

About faith

It all seemed to happen, not too long ago
My trust in myself, and my head hanging low
Not knowing where to turn
Where’s left, what’s right?
My shame to be related to a cold, endless night
Envious of many, their glory and their fame
But what’s in this life for me?
Do I even have a name?
The streets of my heart are left gray and deserted
My feelings running short and my morals perverted

With my fingers growing numb, and my blood going dry
I don’t know where I am, I’ve forgotten how to cry
My existence has no purpose, my memory is blank
My dreams have fallen into pieces,
My ship for my soul has sank

What else is there to do but simply fall apart?
Life has torn me to pieces and ripped out my heart
I lie in the street, begging myself to die
The last empty image I recall 
Was staring up at the sky

Then you came down like a clever thief in the night
You took me by the hand; I knew you were The Light
Your touch was so gentle, but yet ever so firm
Like a massage to a muscle, a chill to a burn
I did not recognize you, but somehow I did
Like someone who had always been there 
Ever since I was a kid

I didn’t notice it at first, but I found myself floating
How amazing to be lifted off your feet without knowing!
You breathed into my mouth like a cool winter breeze,
Yet my body ceased to shiver, and my
Heart was brought to peace

You revealed to me my purpose, and that
I was beautiful in your sight
Your presence was overwhelming,
All together soothing, warm, and tight

You gave me eyes to see with everything
New at a glance
You said “Follow me” and you taught me how to dance

You gave me food to eat, and in you I
Found my rest
I found my life to be real again, and 
Promised to give you my best

You revealed to me a road, in which my destinies would lie
I didn’t think I’d make, but you
Made me want to try

I let you take the lead, for you’re
Mighty, glorious, and true
You never left my sight, you stuck
To me like glue

And there are still days I fall, days
I don’t even know
But you still carry me and say,
“I will never let you go"…


source : forumsfamily